We are closing the gap between detection and response, utilizing the unmatched threat intelligence of hundreds of our industry’s best technical consultants, millions of devices running our award-winning software, and ceaseless innovations in artificial intelligence. Over the past few years, the company has successfully entered new markets and has increased its portfolio of solutions to include Cyber Consulting and Managed Detection and Response solutions.
Our Managed Detection and Response (MDR) business provides a world leading managed service that detects and responds to cyber-attacks on behalf of our clients using a strong combination of people, process and technology. MDR team comprises several sub teams, one of which is the Detection and Response Team.
Top banks, airlines, and enterprises trust our commitment to beating the world’s most potent threats.
About the team
We are looking for a Threat Analyst (Regular) to join our Detection and Response Team (DRT) in Poznan. The team actively monitor the networks of our customers, continuously improve our attack detection capability and develop their own skills to ensure that they stay on top of past and current cybersecurity threats. We work 24/7.
As a Threat Analyst here are a selection of the tasks you would carry out:
- Proactively investigate host, network and log-based security events
- Manage incidents from detection to resolution
- Conduct Malware Analysis
- Advanced Host, Network, and Memory Forensics
- Research new attack techniques to uncover innovative detection capabilities
- Assist in development of the Countercept service
Who we think will be a great fit…
If any of these points pique your interest, you will seamlessly integrate into the team and succeed:
- Terms like “threat hunting”, “malware analysis”, “process injection”, “covert C2”, “EDR” and “APT” excite you
- You love nothing more than reading about attacker techniques and are keen to thwart and respond to the ever-evolving threats they present to our clients.
- You are both using and developing cutting edge tools to aid detection and response and are keen to keep up with the latest industry developments.
- You will have real-world experience
responding to attacks of all levels, from script kiddies to nation states, and relish sharing this experience and knowledge with the rest of the team and the industry at large.
- You keep up with the latest industry developments, are an avid reader of things like /r/netsec to get your security knowledge fix.
The Countercept platform is a dynamic and rapidly evolving product, which is heavily research led. The ideal candidate would be able to contribute to enhancing the capability of the service, whether through direct development, research activities or media opportunities.
The ideal candidate should also have solid experience in both offensive and defensive security areas, either penetration testing, incident response or ideally a mixture of both.
As a successful Threat Hunter you will demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of core IP networking and common protocols
- Strong understanding of Windows and Linux internals
- Hands on experience of network, memory and host forensics
- Hands on experience of automated and manual malware analysis (static and dynamic)
- Experience investigating & responding to comprises by advanced attackers
- Mixed skillset covering both offensive and defensive security
- Basic development and scripting skills
- Experience with modern offensive techniques and APT TTP's.
- Experience with common network traffic analysis platforms and/or SIEM solutions
Our four promises to you…
- Freedom – you will have the opportunity to define new ways of working how we engage with our customers, and how product value gets represented
- You will work together with experienced and enthusiastic colleagues, and within F-Secure you'll find some of the best minds in the cyber security industry
- Your work will be clearly visible and recognised – all over the world and across our business units
- You can rely on the support from the entire F-Secure leadership including our top executives
Work with great people
Karolina Malagocka Senior Marketing Manager "At F-Secure we see the value of each and every person" Robert Grześkowiak Lead Software Engineer "At F-Secure you won't feel bored. There are opportunities to learn new things every day." Fairuz Zainor Malware Analyst "I joined F-Secure straight after graduating and now, 10 years later, I am still happy to be here." Ruediger Trost Pre-Sales Manager "After more than 11 years, I still go to the office with a smile, even if it is a Monday morning =)" Great Place to Work
- Over 1,700 amazing colleagues in nearly 30 offices
- Possibility to protect the world
- Work with best of class experts who care
- Relaxed, open and fun working environment
- 68+ of nationalities
- Global with the spirit of a small company
About the company
You can’t design culture!
The F-Secure team is diverse, fluid, fun-loving, and full of energy. It’s our job to preserve that, so we’ve made it our business to help individuals traverse from passion to passion, from specialism to specialism, from the flavor of today to tomorrow’s. We move with their needs, and help them build Pathways, always focusing on the things that make them happy in and beyond of the office.
See yourself here? Bring your best self and apply now.
F-Secure Consulting is the amalgamation of four prestigious cyber security firms, combining decades of real-world expertise and countless specialisms into one global, research-led technical consultancy. We design solutions and provide tailored advice in all areas of cyber security: from architecting systems to be secure by design, through technical assurance, regulatory compliance, and incident response when the worst happens.
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.